It was my week to host Tuesday Night Ladies Club. I decided to talk about inexpenisve holiday decorating ideas. I came up with a few cute cheap ideas. I also made seven-layer bean dip for the first time and tried a new recipe called Chocolate, Cranberry & Oat Bars. They were a hit and so I am including a link to the recipe.
http://www.kraftfoods.com/main.aspx?s=recipe&m=recipe/knet_recipe_display&u1=keyword&u2=cranberries&u3=**6*187&wf=9&recipe_id=107778
One of my creative ideas was this paper wreath. This didn't cost me a thing because I used a wire hanger from my closet and old wrapping paper. Just cut out rectangels from paper (you could use pages from an old book, wrapping paper, scrapbook paper, brown paper bags etc.) and then string them onto the wire hanger. I then wrapped the top of the hanger with rafia and tied a little bow. It took me about 20 minutes to make this and I think it is pretty darn cute!
Some other things I made were these two centerpieces. The candycane centerpiece cost me about $3.00. I bought the vase from Goodwill for .35 cents and then candycanes from Wal-mart for .88 cents, you could use anything to fill the vase, but I bought Holiday M&M's. The next centerpiece: I bought the vase and ornaments from Goodwill for a total of $1.30! Talk about a bargain.

Overall, it was a fun night. This is a picture of (left to right) Ashley, Neely and Wendy.

This is a picture of (left to right) Amber and Lindsay.

I also had to include a picture of my Thanksgiving Banner. I made this banner last year, stealing the idea out of Pottery Barn Kids Catalog. I love how it turned out!

4 comments:
i LOVE the wreath and centerpieces. You really are so incredibly talented and crafty.
You are too cute! I love that wreath. I might have to give that one a try. Thanks for the ideas.
you are so fun and creative!
You are so talented! I love how you can just put things together and you do it with ease and it always looks so elegant. We won't comment on my abilities. HA!
Post a Comment